Associate Creative Director (Art)
Sparkloft Media is an award winning social-first creative agency that creates growth through engagement with an emphasis on travel and tourism, lifestyle, consumer packaged goods and experiences. Our clients (like Adidas, Visit South Africa or Tillamook ) expect us not only to stay on top of the latest trends but to be able to create culturally relevant content on a wide range of established and emerging platforms with very quick turn-around times.
To further grow our creative team in Atlanta, we are looking for an Associate Creative Director who is comfortable concepting and creating for Snapchat, TikTok or Instagram Reels but also has traditional brand and art direction experience. This candidate must also have a background in concepting video and motion design.
Primary Job Description:
The Associate Creative Director is responsible for concepting, pitching and overseeing the development of strategic creative social-first creative approaches. They should have a strong design or art direction background, with the experience to look at the big picture and not just the day to day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop big ideas and social campaigns that fulfill strategic creative objectives based in research and emotional insights
- Direct all phases of creative work from concept through production
- Collaborates, challenges and enriches ideation and relationships across clients and internal departments
- Translates strategic direction into creative solutions of the highest caliber
- Delivers engaging and compelling presentations through persuasive storytelling
- Develops work that is consistent with a brand’s look, feel, voice and overall social guidelines
- Help lead, manage and mentor junior creatives
- Keeps up to date with innovative creative work across industries while embracing diverse trends, skills, specialties and viewpoints
This position will have supervisor responsibilities. Associate Directors are also responsible for mentoring and training other team members on production, design and motion principles and techniques.
- 7+ years of professional level digital experience (with a minimum of two years working in social media) preferably working for an agency or with large brands
- Well versed in all leading social media platforms with a passion for social media and social media trends
- Ability to work with C-level executives on client side as well as other client agencies on creative concepts
- A strong, award-winning portfolio equally showcasing strategic, conceptual thinking, visual design, and storytelling through social media
- Advanced understanding of branding, marketing, and advertising, with accolades from prior experience
- Excellent written and presentation skills with demonstrable ability to articulate and persuasively sell creative concepts within agency and directly to clients
- Expert at leading brainstorms, developing briefs, and applying strategy
- Ability to work on multiple projects and brands simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of creating collaborative work environments
Requirements for all Sparkloft Media Positions:
- Care more: exceptional customer service skills
- Curiosity: a high level of interest in constantly learning new things
- Problem solving: ability to identify and understand problems and willingness to solve them
- Sensitivity: a high level of awareness for the needs of colleagues, clients and the Sparkloft Media business
- Entrepreneurial spirit: a mindset that embraces critical questioning, innovation and continuous improvement
- A global perspective and understanding of different cultures (ideally obtained through lots of travel)
- The absolute willingness to occasionally work nights, weekends or holidays (social media never sleeps)