Jr. Art Director
February 16, 2022
Tombras, an independent, 450+ person, national full-service advertising agency is searching for a Jr. Art Director in our Knoxville, TN office
Tombras is an Ad Age A-List Agency. Blurring the lines between a creative agency, a digital agency, and a management consultancy, we are one of the largest and fastest-growing independent agencies in North America. Our digital offering is married to the discipline and rigor of our Effie-winning strategists and Cannes Lion-winning creative directors. We are united by our philosophy: Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results®. You’ll also be a part of a highly creative agency that has been recognized by AdAge, Adweek, Communication Arts, Fast Company, Forbes, and Fortune.
We know who you are. You’re the one with the wild imagination of a kindergartener and the design chops of someone at least twice that age. You could tell an entire story with napkin sketches, words be damned. This is an opportunity to work on high visibility clients alongside world-class creative directors, copywriters, art directors, designers, and creative technologists. We have everything in house – social, video content, website development. This position requires an understanding of and eagerness to hone and grow your art direction skills and affords the opportunity to work across platforms.
You’ll be the creator of original and relevant concepts, brand platforms, and campaign directions. This work will be done in conjunction with your creative director, and a talented team of copywriters, art directors, videographers, editors, animators, and social media creatives.
What You Bring:
- 1-2 years of ad agency experience a plus but not required
- Spec work that shows high potential, creativity, and evokes brand emotion and voice
- A portfolio with a good foundation to build upon (tv, digital, social, print)
- Up-to-date awareness of modern culture, design standards, technology, and trends.
- Desire and willingness to learn, grow and be mentored by senior team members across disciplines
- Ability to create superior designs that stop consumers in their tracks
- An understanding of TV and video production with a proven track record of working with directors, production companies, and post houses to produce award-winning work in both content video and TV
- Ability to recognize creative ideas and see them through to completion.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Degree in Advertising, Communications, graphic/digital design, or degree from a portfolio school (VCU, The Creative Circus, Miami Ad School, SCAD, etc.) or equivalent experience
Why you’ll want to work at Tombras:
- New, modern building in downtown Knoxville
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress
- Highly collaborative and high-energy work environment
- Competitive salaries
- Benefits including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) and more.
- A company culture of promotions from within and an atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
This position will be based remotely to start and can remain remote or be based in Knoxville, TN. If you haven’t heard, Knoxville is one of the coolest cities (just ask HuffPost, Buzzfeed and Forbes). Seriously — if you’re lucky, we might help you relocate here.
Tombras is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions or beliefs and more.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Job may require traveling overnight, driving long distances as required and sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking and standing and occasionally lifting or carrying articles weighing less than 10 pounds.
Remote employees must be based in the United States.