Public Relations Intern
April 8, 2022
Tombras, an independent, 450+ person, national full-service advertising agency is searching for a Public Relations Intern.
Why you’ll want to work at Tombras:
You’ll be joining one of the top independent agencies in North America. Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results® is working for our clients and creating a flywheel affect fueling both client and agency growth. You’ll be a part of a highly creative agency that has been recognized by AdAge, Adweek, Communication Arts, Fast Company, Forbes and Fortune. Tombras was recently named a 2022 AdAge A-List Standout Agency.
What to expect as a Public Relations Intern at Tombras:
- Commitment to a 12 week, paid internship, $18 an hour starting on 6/6/22 and ending on 8/19/22 with a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Placing stories through media pitching
- Daily monitoring of media and reporting
- Consistently delivering excellent writing products (e.g., news releases, opinion pieces, blogs, social media content)
- Researching and assisting with program and presentation development for existing clients and new prospects
- Executing tactical elements of client programs from start to finish
- Cultivating productive relationships with key journalists
- Writing and editing compelling blog articles
- Developing and executing PR strategies around branded and industry events
- Tracking coverage via third-party platform using PR analytics
- Creating comprehensive PR reports
- Candidates should have prior work or life experience in a relevant field, be currently enrolled as a Senior in a Bachelor’s program, or a recent graduate with a major in Media, Marketing, Advertising, or similar field (a degree is not required)
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Fluent in AP style
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience juggling multiple assignments/projects
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and problem solve under pressure
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms
- Highly advanced skills in MS Word, Excel, Google Docs/Sheets, and Keynote
- Proficiency in a Mac environment
- Familiarity with PR software and services including media monitoring, media list curation, news release distribution, and media and coverage analysis
- Knowledge and insight into traditional and online media outlets, including experience in leveraging social media channels
- Equivalent experience or a degree in public relations, communications or related field
This internship may be based in our Knoxville office or may be based remotely pending the nature of work to be performed. Location of the internship is subject to change with proper notice based on evolving company policies and applicable COVID-19 guidelines.
Tombras is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Remote employees must be based in the United States